Power and Safety Checklist
You are here
If you suddenly lose your TV picture, here is a list of things to check in your home or apartment:
- Check to see if your TV, VCR, and converter box are plugged in and the power switches to these devices are turned on.
- Check to see if reception problems are confined to just one channel. If so, it may be a temporary station broadcasting problem and not a problem with your cable service.
- Check to see if other electrical units in the same room are working - you may have blown a fuse or circuit breaker. If a wall switch controls the power to your outlets, see if it is turned on.
- Check for wear on your power cord and coaxial cables - pets like to chew on them.
- Check to see if power has been reduced in your area - that can affect your reception. When full power is restored, your reception will be as well.
- Check the rear of your converter box, TV, and VCR for any loose connections and tighten them if necessary.
- If you have a converter box, be sure your TV is tuned to channel 3. Make sure the VCR is appropriately fine-tuned and on channel 3.
- Try pressing the TV/VCR switch on your VCR.
- Make sure your converter box is tuned to a channel that is currently showing a program.
- Check your owner's manual for more information.
- Click to chat with a representative or call our Repair Center at (808) 643-2100, open 24 hours.